Device Use Terms and Conditions
In support of our mission to foster a comfortable environment in support of patient health, we provide access to certain internet and information resources to our patients while they receive medical care and services at our locations.
By using our devices and internet service you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree that there are significant security, privacy and confidentiality risks inherent in accessing or transmitting information through the internet. Security issues include, without limitation, interception of transmissions, loss of data, and the introduction or viruses and other programs that can corrupt or damage our computers and/or other connected devices.
Accordingly, you agree that the owner and/or provider of this device and network access is NOT liable for any interception or transmissions, computer worms or viruses, loss of data, file corruption, hacking or damage you may sustain resulting from your use of a device or the transmission or download of information or materials through the internet service provided. Use of a device and the wireless network is subject to the general restrictions outlined below. If abnormal, illegal, or unauthorized behavior is detected, we reserves the right to permanently disconnect the offending device from the wireless network.
- You must be a patient to use a device.
- At their discretion, staff may provide certain patients priority to devices over others.
- You should not deliberately display any electronic content in a way that will adversely affect those who may find it offensive.
- Headphones may be required for listening to any resource with an audio component. Users may obtain headphones from staff or use their own.
- At the end of each session, patients should exit any applications they may be using and must deliver it to staff so it can be made available to the next user.
- We are not responsible for time or data lost due to computer failure
- You must not engage in illegal use or unacceptable use of a device or the internet described below.
- Violations of these terms may result in the restriction of privileges, and may be reported to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
Examples of Illegal Uses
The following are representative examples only and do not comprise a comprehensive list of illegal uses:
- Spamming and invasion of privacy - Sending of unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the internet using our devices or internet for activities that invade another's privacy.
- Intellectual property right violations - Engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or any other proprietary right of any third party.
- Accessing illegally or without authorization computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate/circumvent security measures of another system. This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration, including, but not limited to, port scans, stealth scans, or other information gathering activity.
- The transfer of technology, software, or other materials in violation of applicable export laws and regulations.
- Using our devices or internet access in violation of applicable law and regulation, including, but not limited to, advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards, pirating software, or making fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services.
- Uttering threats;
- Distribution of pornographic materials to minors;
- Child pornography.
Examples of Unacceptable Uses
The following are representative examples only and do not comprise a comprehensive list of unacceptable uses:
- High bandwidth operations, such as large file transfers and media sharing with peer-to-peer programs (i.e.torrents)
- Obscene or indecent speech or materials
- Defamatory or abusive language
- Using our devices or internet to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available defamatory, harassing, abusive, or threatening material or language that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another.
- Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message.
- Distribution of internet viruses, Trojan horses, or other destructive activities
- Distributing information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan horses, pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, or denial of service attacks. Also, activities that disrupt the use of or interfere with the ability of others to effectively use the node or any connected network, system, service, or equipment.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software product, product, or service that is designed to violate these terms, which includes the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks, and piracy of software.
- Seeking information on passwords or data belonging to another user.
- Making unauthorized copies of proprietary software, or offering unauthorized copies of proprietary software to others.
- Intercepting or examining the content of messages, files or communications in transit on a data network