Industry Veterans Bring Deep Relationships, Insights to Point-of-Care Leader
CINCINNATI – PatientPoint®, the trusted leader in patient education and engagement solutions across all points of care, today announces the addition of five senior leaders—Elissa Guerra, Keith Mangas, Scott McLauchlan, Kimberly Middleton and Eric Talbot—to its rapidly growing sales force. Each leader will help direct the company’s efforts to connect pharmaceutical brands with the most valuable patients and physicians across all points of care.
Collectively, Guerra, Mangas, McLauchlan, Middleton and Talbot bring deep relationships and experience with the world’s largest healthcare brands:
- Elissa Guerra, Senior Vice President, Client Solutions, joins PatientPoint from cloud-based healthcare solutions provider athenahealth, where she led pharmaceutical partnerships for the Epocrates® clinical decision support mobile app. Elissa is a leader in pharmaceutical consulting and is steeped in all aspects of pharmaceutical marketing, including direct-to-consumer, direct-to-healthcare professional, field sales, electronic health record integration and practice management.
- Keith Mangas, Senior Vice President, Client Solutions, boasts extensive expertise in marketing to healthcare professionals. He returns to PatientPoint after spending seven years as a sales executive for athenahealth’s epocrates® and leading business development for cloud-based life sciences software and services provider Qpharma®. Keith is also experienced in advanced healthcare analytics and digital point-of-care marketing, particularly in electronic health record integration.
- Kimberly Middleton, Vice President, Client Solutions, comes to PatientPoint with a unique understanding from the clients’ perspective. She has a diverse background in marketing and sales on both the client and agency sides of the pharmaceutical industry, with a particular focus in digital marketing. Kimberly’s previous experience includes roles at both Johnson & Johnson and GlaxoSmithKline as well as full-service agency Evoke Health, where she supported clients such as Pfizer and Eisai.
- Scott McLauchlan, Senior Vice President, Client Solutions, joins PatientPoint from Everyday Health, where he directed pharmaceutical brand strategic partnerships for the leading digital health and wellness information platform. In addition to his digital experience, Scott spent a significant portion of his career in medical device sales.
- Eric Talbot, Senior Vice President, Client Solutions, joins PatientPoint from commercial analytics and strategy consultancy Epiphany Insights, where he served as managing principal. Eric’s extensive background in strategic marketing and advanced analytics has allowed him to serve global brands in diverse industries including healthcare, media, financial services and consumer products.
“At PatientPoint, our goal is to make every patient-provider engagement better, and in doing so, we deliver significant value back to our clients. We are a client solutions team because we are committed to solving the challenges faced by healthcare brands today,” said Linda Ruschau, PatientPoint chief client officer. “We already have a phenomenal team of intelligent, high-energy and respected professionals. I cannot think of five individuals who are better qualified to help propel us into a new era of rapid growth and transformation.”
The aggressive growth of the PatientPoint client sales team coincides with other significant developments for the company. In late June, PatientPoint announced a $140 million capital raise to dramatically expand its digital point-of-care network. In mid-July, the company announced a partnership with Reflect, the largest provider of digital signage solutions in North America, to power and expand its digital capabilities. In early August, PatientPoint announced the acquisition of leading digital oncology waiting room provider, Patient Education Network.
PatientPoint powers more effective patient-physician engagements across all points of care. With 30 years of unrivaled experience and continual, meaningful innovation, we are trusted consultants to healthcare providers and sponsoring brands. Using superior analytics and insights, we craft customized programs that drive better engagements. From primary care to complex specialties, from practices to hospitals, PatientPoint provides a cohesive, end-to-end communication platform that enriches the entire care experience and delivers proven results.
Media Relations Manager